Water Heater Installation and Repair in Livonia
A hot shower after a long day provides the relief you need to decompress and relax. When your water abruptly turns cold, though, this can quickly shatter the ability to get comfortable.
You depend on your water heater system to provide on-demand hot water daily. This is important not only for your comfort, but for your health and safety as well. Our technicians at Birmingham Plumbing, Heating, and Cooling can provide necessary repairs to keep your water heater system operating efficiently. We have experience working with both tank and tankless systems. We can also help you determine if investing in a new water heater is your best option. We can provide installation services as well, ensuring your water heater is set up appropriately for a long life and peak efficiency.
Water Heater Complications
Your water heater system can face different complications throughout its life. Water heaters require regular maintenance to perform at their best. Common complications include:
- Irregular water temperature. Your water temperature shouldn’t fluctuate when in use. Your water heater is programmed to provide water at a consistent temperature. If your water is fluctuating between hot, cold, or lukewarm, you likely need a repair.
- Lukewarm water. Unless your water demand has significantly increased past the tank size, you shouldn’t have to worry about losing hot water. If your water is lukewarm, it could indicate an issue with your heater’s thermostat.
- Loud noises. Water heaters tend to run quietly. If you start to hear clanging or loud banging, this could be a sign of an issue within your system.
- Any leaking water can be a serious safety concern. If your water heater is leaking, this could be caused by a crack or rusting of the interior. In most instances, leaks can mean it is time to install a new unit.
Your water heater is composed of different elements that can require repair or replacement. Sediment can cause several problems for your system. This is why we recommend annual maintenance with a professional technician. This allows us to inspect your system, as well as drain the water. Regular maintenance can help extend the life of your water heater.
Water Heater Systems
There are two types of water heater units. These systems provide the same basic function but come with their own sets of pros and cons. If you are looking to install a new water heater system, you’ll have your choice between a tank or a tankless water heater:
- Tank systems. This water heater type is common in most Livonia homes. It is a physical tank that stores a certain amount of water. This water is heated to a specific temperature and is available when needed. This system constantly draws power to maintain the temperature, even when the water is not in use.
- Tankless systems. These systems are a larger up-front investment, but they often experience a longer life, require less maintenance, and provide better efficiency. With a tankless system, there is no tank. Instead, the tankless water heater is installed directly onto your water pipes. It heats water on-demand when you turn on your faucet, rather than constantly drawing power to heat a stored amount of water.
Contact Us Today!
You deserve a reliable water heater system. Our technicians have the knowledge and skills to provide routine maintenance, repair, or installation of both tank and tankless systems. We can discuss your options, ensuring you get exactly what you are looking for. Contact us to learn more.