Your Trusted Drain and Sewer Cleaning Experts in Rochester Hills, MI
Clogged drains can become an unhealthy ordeal that limits your ability to use one of your home’s most basic utilities. When the clog is in your main sewer line, it’s even worse. A fully backed-up drainage system is one of the most stressful plumbing emergencies you can encounter. When your drains and sewer lines are unable to effectively carry away wastewater, you can experience the following issues:
- Bad smells. You may catch a whiff of unpleasant odor coming up from the slow drains in your building, or if the problem is in your sewer line, all your drains.
- Health issues. Plumbing systems are designed to carry wastewater far away from our homes for a reason. Human waste and wet food scraps provide a breeding ground for dangerous bacteria. It’s not a mixture you want sitting in the bottom of your sinks or backing up onto your basement floor.
- Inconvenience. A malfunctioning drain effectively puts that particular sink, tub, or appliance out of order, and a fully clogged sewer line makes it impossible to use your water at all.
- Business. If wastewater is backing up into a workplace or a building that is open to the public, it may need to be shut down entirely until the problem is resolved. Foodservice establishments are in violation of major health codes if waste is backing up into the facilities.
A skilled plumbing technician from Birmingham Plumbing, Heating & Cooling can get you back in working order quickly by identifying the issue and eliminating any clogs.
Drain and Sewer Line Cleaning Methods
There are several different tools your Birmingham Plumbing, Heating & Cooling technician might use to clean your drains and sewer lines. The techniques employed may vary based on your sewer system and the location and nature of the clogs you’re experiencing. Your drain cleaning may involve one or more of the following:
- Imaging diagnostics. Modern plumbing technicians can use tiny cameras connected to a long wire, which can be snaked down into a drain to get a firsthand look at clogs. Plumbing cameras come in self-contained units or can be used with a phone or tablet via Bluetooth.
- Sewer jetting. Our sewer jetting is a state-of-the-art maintenance treatment that cleans even very badly clogged sewer lines. Our sewer jet is a high-powered tool that takes clean water and sends it through your wastewater system at high volume and high pressure to clean and flush your sewer line and correct your sluggish drainage.
- Drain/sewer snakes. A flexible metal snake is often the appropriate tool for clogged drains and sewer lines. There are small snakes that can be nimbly worked down an interior drain and snakes that extend for hundreds of feet to reach deep into disrupted sewer lines.
- Disassembly. If it’s determined that your drainage issue is occurring right below a particular sink, the best method for restoring proper drainage may be to remove and disassemble the drain trap so that it can be cleaned out and reinstalled.
Drainage Red Flags
Always watch out for signs of drainage or sewer issues. The sooner you identify a developing clog, the more likely it is you can get it fixed before it develops into a full-blown sewage backup. Watch for:
- Slow draining. Check tubs, sinks, floor drains, and even the bottoms of appliances, such as washing machines.
- Sewage backup. If sewage has backed up to the point that it is visible inside the building, such as standing wastewater in tubs and sink, call for help immediately.
- Smells/odors. Take note of any unpleasant or rotten smells emanating from drains or appliances.
- Sounds. Gurgling, hissing or other strange noises coming from drains could all be indicative of a drainage/sewer issue.
Birmingham Plumbing, Heating & Cooling: Your Trusted Drain Cleaning Experts in Rochester Hills
Are you due to have your drains and sewer lines inspected and cleaned? Birmingham Plumbing, Heating & Cooling can keep your drains clean, safe, and functional. Use our website to request a quote today.