Sewer Line Installation, Replacement, and Repair in Rochester Hills
When your sewer or septic system line is unable to effectively carry wastewater away from your facilities, the consequences pile up rapidly:
- Smell. The most obvious consequence of raw sewage backing up into your building will be an overwhelmingly unpleasant odor.
- Health hazard. The combination of human waste, food scraps, soaps, and wastewater that is meant to be expelled into your sewer is highly toxic and can be a breeding ground for harmful bacteria.
- Facilities out of order. With nowhere for wastewater to go, a major drainage issue effectively takes away your ability to use running water for even the most basic uses, such as brushing your teeth.
- Loss of business revenue. When a severe sewer line issue occurs at a place of business, the location often needs to be shut down entirely until the problem is fixed. When every minute without a functioning sewer means a loss of revenue, trust the experts at Birmingham Plumbing, Heating & Cooling to get you back in business by repairing your sewer line as quickly and completely as possible.
Troubleshooting and Repairing Sewer Line Issues
There are a variety of methods your Birmingham Plumbing, Heating & Cooling technician might use to diagnose and solve your sewer-line problem. The techniques and tools used will vary depending on the design of your wastewater system and the nature of your problem.
Some of the actions we may take include:
- Digital imaging. Using a tiny camera connected to a long wire, a plumbing technician is able to get a first-person view inside your drainage and sewer lines to pinpoint the exact location and nature of the issue.
- Sewer jetting. Sewer jetting is a state-of-the-art treatment designed to blast through clogged sewer lines. Sewer jetting uses plain water at high volume and high pressure to thoroughly dislodge major clogs and get persistently sluggish lines moving like new, all without adding any harsh or problematic chemicals into your drains.
- Sewer snaking. Sometimes the tried-and-true method of attacking a clogged sewer line with a flexible metal sewer snake tool is still the best approach to clogged lines. When sewer jetting is not the right option, rest assured our Birmingham Plumbing, Heating & Cooling technicians are also master snake charmers.
- Excavating and replacing sewer lines. If your sewer line has been physically obstructed or damaged, a sewer snake won’t cut it. If your sewer line needs to be removed and replaced, we can help coordinate the necessary work with trusted plumbing excavation experts in the Rochester Hills area.
- Preventative measures. Birmingham Plumbing, Heating & Cooling may recommend the installation of drain strainers, garbage disposals, or other devices designed to keep large clumps of material from getting down your drains and clogging up your sewer lines.
If you’re building a new home or facility in Rochester Hills, we can also help you install a new sewer line that will adequate drain for many years.
How Do I Know If My Sewer Line Needs Work?
There are a few tell-tale signs of sewer line issues that you can watch for:
- Slow drainage in multiple sinks, tubs, and toilets, often becoming progressively worse over time
- Bad smells coming from multiple drains or fixtures
- Visible sewage backing up into the building, such as in basement floor drains
- Standing water outside, such as pooled on your lawn above or around the where your sewer line is buried
If you notice any of these issues or believe you’re due for a thorough sewer line inspection, call Birmingham Plumbing, Heating & Cooling and let it flow. We can schedule a no-obligation quote over the phone or through our website.